![]() |
Last week, I posted a list of great movies. Some of these quotes are from those movies. Others are quotes that I love to use. 1.... "Have fun stormin' the castle." -- Miracle Max/Billy Crystal/The Princess Bride 2... "Better out than in, I always say." -- Shrek/Mike Myers/Shrek 3... Several from Casablanca: "Here's looking at you, kid." -- Rick Blaine/Humphrey Bogart "We'll always have Paris." -- Rick Blaine/Humphrey Bogart "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." -- Rick Blaine/Humphrey Bogart "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By'." -- Ilsa Laszlo/Ingrid Bergman "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." -- Rick Blaine/Humphrey Bogart 4... "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." -- Marie "Slim" Browning/Lauren Bacall/To Have and Have Not 5... "My name is Andrew Shepherd and I am the President." -- Andrew Shepherd/Michael Douglas/The American President 6... "You can't handle the truth." -- Col. Nathan Jessup/Jack Nicholson/A Few Good Men 7... "Houston, we have a problem." -- Jim Lovell/Tom Hanks/Apollo 13 8... "Look, Daddy. Teacher says, 'Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings'." -- Zuzu Bailey/Karolyn Grimes/It's A Wonderful Life 9... "If you build it, he will come." -- Voice of Ray Liotta/Field of Dreams 10... "...I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days." -- Crash Davis/Kevin Costner/Bull Durham 11... "You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." -- Rhett Butler/Clark Gable/Gone with the Wind 12... "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." -- Dorothy Gale/Judy Garland/The Wizard of Oz 13... "You aren't too bright. I like that in a man." -- Matty Walker/Kathleen Turner/Body Heat Now you may notice that there are no quotes from Mel Brooks movies. Since I am a huge Mel Brooks fan, that will be next week's TT. All Mel Brooks, all the time. |
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

19 comments:
God, #10 is one of my all time faves! Probably the sexiest line Kevin Costner ever spoke. (shiver!) Love it!
What a great list. I love it. Happy T13!
You have several of my favorites here, and of course, 10 and 11 just made me melt... Wowser! (you'd like my t13 this week, too - I mention Costner in "Bull Durham"! Coincidence or Harmonic Convergence? You make the call...)
I'm looking forward to next weeks T13 - see ya then!
Ciao!
Soon as I saw "have fun storming the castle" I knew I was going to love this list! Fabbo TT13 - and as Mel Brooks fan - I'm waiting for next week :)
I love all the quotes. And all the movies listed.
Fun list, Chloe! Some great movie moments you captured. Happy TT!
Excellent list! Of course, the first movie line I thought of was "I'll have what she's having" from When Harry Met Sally.
And I LOVE Mel Brooks! Talk about a gold mine of lines -- I can't wait to see which ones you pick.
Have fun storming the castle!!
We say that all the time. :)
That and "Inconceivable!"
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
LOL! Those are great!
*hugs*
Paige
My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/
Ooooh... That quote #11 has always made me melt... *wg*
Oh my gosh I still haven't seen casablanca but that American President quote is one of my alltime favorites.
I think the people who wrote that movie should be writing candidate speeches. They could use the help.
FABULOUS!!!! I love all of those.
My favorite line(s) is from "Philadelphia story"
"I think men are wonderful, don't you?" (Tracy Lord to Elizabeth Imbrie)
"The little dears." (Elizabeth Imbrie with GREAT sarcasm)
It's amazing how often these quotes are used in everyday conversation, too. Awesome TT.
Thanks. There were so many others I wanted to choose.
I love that When Harry Met Sally quote. And the other ones from Princess Bride. Like:
Wuv, true wuv...
And Dana, Aaron Sorkin wrote The American President. He also wrote A Few Good Men, plus the West Wing on TV. He's incredibly bright and writes great memorable dialogue.
Chloe
I ditto what's been said already - #10 is a great one!!
Happy TT!
Number 11 (Rhett) is like the ultimate Alpha quote.
I cannot WAIT for next week. I adore Mel Brooks and owuld love to kick him out of retirement. (Miss his wife, the irreplacable Anne Bancroft.)
Do you recognize this quote?
"THOSE WHO ARE LATE DO NOT GET FRUIT CUP!"
Kate, I believe that's a comment from High Anxiety. :)
Chloe
Yes! High Anxiety! What a hilarious movie. They just don't make them like that anymore.
Post a Comment