Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Quotes from Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles







Thirteen Things about Chloe Devlin


Thirteen Quotes from Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles"


I was going to have 13 Quotes from Mel Brooks, but when I started collecting them, I realized that I had enough from my favorite MB movie. I'll use the other quotes for other TTs.


1.... "Ooh, baby, you are so talented! And they are so DUMB!" – Bart


2... "Go do that voodoo that you do so well!" – Hedley Lamarr


3... "Is that a ten-gallon hat, or are you just enjoying the show?" – Lili Von Shtupp


4... "A wed wose, how womantic." – Lili Von Shtupp


5... "Then one day I hear "Reach for it, mister." I spun around, and there I was standing face to face with a six year old kid. Well, I just laid down my guns and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass. So I limped to the nearest saloon, crawled inside a whiskey bottle, and I've been there ever since." – Jim


6... Bart: Are we awake?
Jim: We're not sure. Are we black?
Bart: Yes, we are.
Jim: Then we're awake, but we're very confused. – Jim and Bart


7... "A man drink like that and he don't eat, he is going to DIE." -- Bart


8... "Mongo only pawn... in game of life." – Mongo


9... "You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." – Jim


10... Bart: You are my guest, and I am your host. What is your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
Bart: [quickly] Let's play chess. – Bart and Jim

11... "Excuse me while I whip this out." – Bart


12... "Oh. It's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!" – Lili Von Shtupp


13... Hedley Lamarr: My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
Taggart: Ditto.
Hedley Lamarr: "Ditto?" "Ditto," you provincial putz? – Hedley and Taggart


13a... "Throw out your hands. / Stick out your tush. / Hands on your hips, give 'em a push. / You'll be surprised; you're doing the French mistake. / Voila." – Buddy's Singers


13b... "What in the wide, wide world of sports is a-goin' on here?" – Taggart


13c... "Candygram for Mongo! Candygram for Mongo!" – Bart


13d... "Ah, who am I kiddin'? Evewything fwom the waist down, is Kaput!" – Lili Von Shtupp


13e... Bart: Hey, Charlie. What is it that's not exactly water and it ain't exactly earth?...
Bart and Charlie: QUICKSAND! – Bart and Charlie


13f... 'Well, Mongo ain't exactly a "who", he's more of a "what"'. – Jim


13g... Gov. William J. LePetomane: I didn't get a harumph outta that guy.
Hedley Lamarr: Give the Governor a harumph.
Guy: Harumph.
Gov. William J. LePetomane: You watch your ass.



There were just too many good ones to stick to only 13 so I've got 13 A-G also.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


18 comments:

Paige Tyler said...

I've never seen that movie! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

I've never seen it either, but loved #9.

Chloe Devlin said...

OMG, I can't believe you never saw Blazing Saddles! What about other Mel Brooks movies?

Did the quotes make you want to rent it?

Chloe

Shelley Munro said...

I haven't seen Blazing Saddles either but the quotes made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Great movie!

Chloe Devlin said...

Great quote, Debora. And I love that it was a spoof of Treasure of the Sierra Madre (I think).

Chloe

December said...

LOL - aah - a trip down memory lane. thank you!

Dana Belfry said...

I love your TT's they're fascinating! I totally laughed.

Chloe Devlin said...

Glad you're enjoying the list. I left off a bunch because they're funnier when you see them than when you write them.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Candygram for Mongo!!
LMAO
Do you know how often I sing, "I'm tired, tired of playing the gaaaaame. Aint it a cryin shaaame...lets face it I'm bushed!"

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

"Hello, boys! Did you miss me?"
"'Scuse me while I whip this out!"
"Looks like someone forgot to wash up after weekly cross burning."
"That's Hedley!"

I love Blazing Saddles! Can't you tell?

Robin L. Rotham said...

OMG, I can't believe how many of you have never seen Blazing Saddles! Get outta here! You've been seriously deprived.

Wonderful list, Chloe. Now I have Lily singing "I'm tired..." stuck in my head.

Chloe Devlin said...

RG, I sing that song all the time. My favorite part is "Byron and Shelley and jump on your belly and bust your balloons."

Gina, I can tell and I love that you're a fellow Blazing Saddles aficionado. :)

Robin, I'm in as much shock as you that not only are there people who can't quote the movie (which I do all the time), they've never even seen it. Simply shocking!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Buhahahahahaw!!! I love that movie.

"I'm tired. Tired of being desired......"

Debbie Mumford said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to see this one. Hilarious!
Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

Love these lol

Anonymous said...

I have Got to see that movie. I've been meaning to for years.